Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Realities of Teaching

Here is a link to a (really) long podcast. I have had it waiting in my to listen tag, and Saturday morning a one year old afforded me the time to listen early this morning.  Normally podcasts frustrate me a bit because they are not tight enough, there are parts that do not apply to me or my situation and no way to skip them like when reading.

The whole thing was worth a listen for me. It was a heartwarming and honest conversation between educators. They are obviously passionate and talented and some are even famous in the educational technology arena. Yet the reflect openly about struggling to engage their students. They talk about their frustrations with a student productivity. They talk about the life of a teacher. The conversation could have been going on in my teachers lounge or my office as I coach someone.

Good teachers reflect. Good teacher know that there is always room to improve.

Posted via email from Jim's posterous

No comments: