Friday, January 22, 2010

Learning Logs

You will start to see learning logs here. I took a class this past semester and these were the assignments every week. I am cleaning them up a little and putting them out there for comment, input, and because I am surprised at how many people were interested in my pedagogical autobiography. I got several personal emails along with comments on the entries. Thanks for your interest and I hope you learn something for these observations. One of the real strengths of my class was the reading material. There were a lot of pages of reading, but it was great stuff. Here is the format you will see in each log.

Summary

A couple of sentances sumarizing your view of the work.

Important Ideas

  • several simple statements getting at the important ideas of the text.
Question

Our big question that we would like to discuss with the author if we had the chance.

Quotes

    1. Our favorite quotes from the book or article.

    Reflection

    Ten minutes of free flowing thought trying to imagine the conversation surrounding the question you would ask the author. I admit I am cleaning this up a little for the web. Our professor was fine with misspellings and bad grammar. She wanted raw thought. Frequently that is what you get from me, but I might run the spell check.

    Posted via email from Jim's posterous

    No comments: