You can use your computer and the mic in your classroom to record your class. Here are some instructions.
- Come to the tech room and borrow a USB cable to connect the base of the mic to the your computer.
- The small end of the USB cable will plug into the back of the mic base. The other end will plug into the side of your computer.
- Using Spotlight find the program Audacity.
- From the Audacity menu choose Preferences.
- In the Audacity Preferences window that comes up choose solo-Desktop for the Recording Device.
- Use the controls to record yourself and play back the audio.
- You may save the file as an Audacity file by choosing Save Project from the File menu. This will work great if your only intend to play it back yourself. If you would like to share your recording, choose Export MP3 from the File menu.
- For more information on Audacity see the tutorials on Atomic Learning (the link only works at school).